PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — 20-year-old Tyler Owens was sentenced to 60 years in state prison for Attempted First Degree Premeditated Murder with a Weapon, Home Invasion Robbery with a Deadly Weapon and Aggravated Battery upon a person 65 years of age or older with great bodily harm.
Pensacola Police say, On June 9, 2018 Owens entered Carol Carmichael’s home while she was resting in her recliner. Owens slashed her face and neck, according to Pensacola Police.
Police say Owens stole some of the victim’s personal items and a glass jar that contained money she had collected for her church. Investigators recovered several of the items from Owens’ apartment.
- Shooting near Knollwood Apartments
- Mobile Police investigate shooting on Michael Boulevard
- E. coli outbreak linked to Fresh Express chopped salad kits, health officials warn
- Alabama’s fallen heroes recognized through Wreaths Across America
- Trump administration looks to fund school choice for students federally