Here is a list of events that have been canceled/postponed due to coronavirus concerns:
• BATTLESHIP MEMORIAL PARK: closing March 20th until further notice
• MOBILE PUBLIC LIBRARY: Closing effective March 18th and will tentatively reopen April 6th
• BISHOP STATE: Lineworker graduation has been canceled and will be rescheduled for a later date.
• FESTIVAL OF FLOWERS: The Festival of Flowers in Mobile has been canceled over concerns of coronavirus. The “Southeast region’s largest outdoor flower show” was scheduled for March 26-29 at Providence Hospital.
• NATIVE AMERICAN FEST: Officials say the Dauphin Island Native American Festival has been canceled.
• WALK MS: The fundraiser hosted by the Multiple Sclerosis Society was scheduled for March 14, 2020 has been canceled.
• CHILDREN’S BOOK FEST: 2020 Gulf Coast Children’s Book Festival, scheduled for March 26th at the Grounds has been canceled.
• BAY BITES FOOD TRUCK FEST: The Apple Snail Roundup and the Bay Bites Food Truck Festival have been postponed by the Mobile Baykeeper.
• PUBLIC SCHOOLS: Classes are canceled until April 6. Until then, free meals are available.
- MOZART-AMADEUS CONCERTS: The Mobile Symphony Orchestra (MSO) has canceled its all-Mozart Amadeus concert scheduled for April 4 & 5 due to corona virus concerns.
- CELEBRATION OF JOHN WILLIAMS: The Mobile Symphony Orchestra (MSO) says A Celebration of John Williams, scheduled for May 2 and 3, has been postponed and will be rescheduled.
• 35TH ANNUAL SAINT PATTY’SDAY PUB CRAWL: Papa Rocco, AKA Bill McGinness would appreciate your help in getting the word out he has canceled his 35th annual Saint Patty’s Day Pub Crawl. After much thought and deliberation, Pappa Rocco has decided Public Safety is the most important consideration. Could you please help us spread the word. This is an annual event dating back 35 years and is a Gulf Shores Tradition. People from all over the country have come to celebrate with Pappa Roccos and this year Pappa feels the public good is most important. You can reach Papa Rocco Directly at 251-978-1018.
• WHARF BOAT AND YACHT: Organizers have decided to postpone the Wharf Boat and Yacht Show. Organizers tell WKRG News 5 that they are looking for new dates, hopefully in the next 30-45 days.
• ASSISTED LIVING CONFERENCE: The Assisted Living Association of Alabama 2020 Spring Conference in Gulf Shores has because of numerous concerns regarding coronavirus.
• ARTS AND CRAFTS FEST: The Fairhope Arts and Crafts Festival has been canceled. The event was scheduled to happen March 14-15.
•BAYSHORE CHRISTIAN GROUNDBREAKING: A Bayshore Christian School groundbreaking ceremony was postponed, no new date has been announced.
• FLAG FOOTBALL: Eastern Shore Flag Football activities including practice and games, will be suspended effective immediately until at least March 24th.
•ART FOR HEART: The Baldwin Art for Heart gala, set for April 4, has been postponed. New date not announced yet.
• SAUSAGE FESTIVAL: Elberta’s Sausage Festival scheduled for end of March; has been “canceled for now.”
OTHER ALABAMA COUNTIES
• The First Baptist Church in Leroy, Ala. announced all on-campus activities have been canceled as of March 18. For more information, contact Pastor Ben Posey
• The Thomasville Public Library will close on Friday, March 20, until further notice. There is no timeframe as to when the library could reopen.
• 2020 WALK FOR MOMMY & ME: The 2020 Walk for Mommy & Me, sponsored by the Florida Department of Health in Santa Rosa County WIC office, scheduled for April 4 has been canceled.
• Cordova Mall in Pensacola and Silver Sands Outlet Mall in Destin closed
• Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) temporarily closed all storefronts and lobbies to safeguard the public and employees from the spread of COVID-19.
• ROCK N’ FLY: The 2020 Rock N Fly has canceled due to DOD base policy regarding COVID-19
• PENSACOLA CHRISTIAN ACADEMY: The school will be closed March 16-27, following the recommendation of the Florida Department of Education.
• HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS: The Pensacola Harlem Globetrotters show was postponed. A new date has not been announced yet.
• GALLERY NIGHT: In response to a directive from the City of Pensacola and Escambia County leadership, Gallery Night Pensacola will not be holding its monthly Gallery Night event in Downtown Pensacola on Friday, March 20.
• SMOKIN’ IN THE SQUARE: Smokin’ in the Square 2020 in Pensacola has been canceled. The event was scheduled for March 21. All Cooking Teams should contact Ivan at SmokinInTheSquare@gmail.com.
• REPUBLICAN PARTY GALA: The Republican Party of Okaloosa County will be postponing the Annual Okaloosa Republican Party Gala.
• CHER: Cher’s concert scheduled for the Pensacola Bay Center on March 22nd has been postponed until September 10th. Click here for ticket and refund info.
• BRIAN REGAN SHOW: Due to Mr. Regan’s travel concerns, the Brian Regan show scheduled for Thursday, March 12 at 7:30 p.m. has been postponed. A new date has not been determined at this time. Tickets will be honored for the rescheduled date. Refunds are available at the original point of purchase.
• POW/MIA EVENT: The event scheduled for March 17th in Okaloosa County has been postponed indefinitely.
• HER FOUNDATION: The HER Foundation has chosen to suspect all events currently scheduled in March, including the Veterans Mini-Seminar, the Women’s Luncheon, and the We See You Pensacola photo exhibit. Click here for more information.
• KLAAS KIDS: The 11th Annual Klaas Kids Event set for April 25 at the Blue Wahoo’s Stadium has been postponed. Organizers are looking for a new date in the fall.
- SPRING FLEA: Flea Across Florida on April 10 & 11 is officially
cancelled, citing Corona Virus precautions. All efforts will now focus on the upcoming Fall Flea event, Sept 11th & 12th.
• ROCK N’ BREWS RIBBON CUTTING: Founding members of the legendary rock group KISS were set to cut the ribbon on their new Rock n’ Brews Casino in Biloxi mid-March. But that has been postponed due to the coronavirus. A new date has yet to be announced,
• SPRING JAM 2020: Due to COVID-19, it is with abundant precaution that the Spring Jam 2020 event scheduled for April 4 at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum has been cancelled. All refunds will be honored at point of purchase.
• CRAWFISH MUSIC FESTIVAL: Postponed at the Mississippi Coliseum
LATEST CORONAVIRUS HEADLINES:
- Mississippi health leaders provide update on COVID-19 vaccinations
- Frontier Airlines adds ‘COVID Recovery Charge’ to ticket price. Here’s what it covers
- WHO: No urgent need to vaccinate children against COVID-19 right now
- Doctors concerned of dangerous COVID-19 Delta variant which is more infectious and in Louisiana
- Walgreens offering $25 incentive to people who get COVID-19 vaccine