MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WRKG) – Governor Kay Ivey has awarded grants totaling $48,000 to Bay Minette and Satsuma Police. The money will go toward purchasing upgraded equipment.
The Bay Minette Police Department will use the money to purchase rifles. The Satsuma Police department will invest in vehicle-mounted radar systems, electronic fingerprint scanner and firearms.
The grants were awarded from funds supplied to the state through the U.S. Department of Justice. The Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs is administering the grants.
- Don’t come home for Easter, Mexican government tells its citizens abroad
- MCHD: 0-4 year old child tests positive for COVID-19
- University of Arkansas virtual choir’s singing of ‘Alma Mater’ goes viral
- Costco to give health care workers, first responders priority access to stores during coronavirus crisis
- LIVE NOW: Even as virus deaths mount, governments eye exit strategies