UPDATE (3:35 a.m.) — Joe Piggott with the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency has identified the suspect as 39-year-old Warren Stallworth. Investigators say Stallworth was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected from the car. Stallworth died from his injuries.
ATMORE, Ala. (WKRG) – Atmore Police are assisting ALEA with a fatal crash in Escambia County, Alabama Thursday night.
The crash occurred after 7 p.m. on Highway 21 in Atmore.
ALEA confirms a pursuit was called off just before the crash. One person has died. A law enforcement official says the suspect is the one fatality. There are reports of other injuries. Those patients were taken to University Hospital in Mobile.
Traffic is currently blocked from I-65 at Highway 21. You’re asked to find an alternate route.
No other details are available at this time.
- MAWSS reports large water main break at Navco Road and McVay Drive
- Police investigating after body of Instagram influencer found on side of road
- Trump teases 2024 run at White House Christmas party
- UK authorizes Pfizer vaccine for emergency use
- Monolith in Utah desert was toppled by group who said ‘leave no trace’, visitor says