UPDATE (3:35 a.m.) — Joe Piggott with the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency has identified the suspect as 39-year-old Warren Stallworth. Investigators say Stallworth was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected from the car. Stallworth died from his injuries.
ATMORE, Ala. (WKRG) – Atmore Police are assisting ALEA with a fatal crash in Escambia County, Alabama Thursday night.
The crash occurred after 7 p.m. on Highway 21 in Atmore.
ALEA confirms a pursuit was called off just before the crash. One person has died. A law enforcement official says the suspect is the one fatality. There are reports of other injuries. Those patients were taken to University Hospital in Mobile.
Traffic is currently blocked from I-65 at Highway 21. You’re asked to find an alternate route.
No other details are available at this time.
- Daphne gymnast sticking the ‘Biles One’
- HopHounds offering professional pet portraits at ARF adoption event
- Comfortable night ahead, Tropical downpours for Friday and the weekend
- Fourth of July celebrations along the Gulf Coast
- Scottish rapist who faked death at California beach gets 15 years in prison