PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — A man has been arrested after being accused of beating a man outside of a Family Dollar Tuesday afternoon causing him to be taken by ambulance to a hospital.
Freddie James Olds, 24, is charged with aggravated abuse of the elderly or disabled.
The unidentified victim was found bleeding from a 3/4″ cut on his mouth and his shirt was covered in blood, according to the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies say they talked to anonymous witnesses who gave a description of Olds. A nearby laundromat manager said Olds had just walked inside his business and left. Olds was found nearby with blood on his hand. He had a knife with him but the victim couldn’t recall if it was used in the alleged assault.
A witness told deputies in a verbal recording that he heard Olds say, “Cracker I’m going to kill you.”
While Olds was being searched at the jail, a plastic mag of methamphetamine was found and deputies charged him also with introduction of contraband into a correctional facility, according to the arrest report.
- Mobile city council set to introduce illegal camping ordinance
- Son suspected of killing mother with sword in Semmes, says Mobile County Sheriff’s Office
- Left laughs off floated changes to 2024 ticket
- Thousands of US flights canceled due to winter storm, including Reid International on Sunday
- Snow, ice blast through South with powerful winter storm