WASHINGTON COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) — After months of delays, the case of a woman charged with killing a 7-year-old boy in McIntosh is moving forward.
Jacqueline Stewart is charged with capital murder in the death of Case Ketchum.
In June, deputies investigated a mobile home fire in McIntosh. Investigators found Ketchum’s body inside. As the investigation continued and an autopsy was done, it was determined Ketchum died of blunt force trauma before the fire started.
According to court documents, the preliminary hearing was delayed four times, until a judge Friday decided it would go to a Grand Jury.
Stewart will be back in court in January.
- Legal team continues defending Trump in trial while new allegations surface
- Try out this viral spinach salsa queso dip for Super Bowl Sunday
- UWF researcher funded to study fish eyes in hopes to regrow human retinas
- Disney’s selling $11 spork at Star Wars park
- Common Core Curriculum being replaced in Florida schools