PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — The State Attorney’s office has released body camera footage of a police officer shooting a man on Sept. 18, 2020.
The State Attorney has determined no criminal charges will be filed against Pensacola Police Officer Caleb Henderson.
The video shows Henderson pull up to two men fighting on the side of the street near 907 Intendencia Street just after 4 p.m. He gets out yelling “drop it” several times. In the video, it’s hard to see a gun in either man’s hand.
The officer shot Ke’Vontarius Wilson twice but he recovered at a local hospital. Henderson said Wilson had the gun and he felt he was going to shoot the other man or someone else.
While the officer is not charged, Wilson is charged with attempted first-degree premeditated murder with a firearm, aggravated battery while in possession of a firearm, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
- Woman accidentally mistakes nail glue for eye drops
- Cooking with John: Stadium Baked Potato
- Man says 7-year-old daughter ’embarrassed’ after student, then teacher cut her hair
- Texas man wrestled and gripped infant’s head ‘in a football hold’ prior to his death, affidavit says
- Improvements coming to Spanish Fort road after complaints of potholes damaging vehicles