Ahead of Valentine’s Day, Rover.com has unveiled new research on the powerful love Americans feel towards their dogs.
Some of the highlights include:
- 67% of dog people gaze lovingly into their dogs’ eyes
- 47% cuddle their dog more often than their partner
- 53% would even consider ending a relationship if their partner didn’t like dogs or was severely allergic
- Nearly half (47%) of pet parents have planned a Valentine’s Day celebration for their dog, including buying them a new outfit or baking a dessert.
- One in three pet parents says they plan their entire weekend around spending time with their dog and doing activities their dog can participate in.
- Most dog owners (81%) use a “baby voice” or “puppy voice” when they talk to their dog. And millennials are the most likely to use a special voice when talking to their pup.
- A quarter of millennial dog people have actually continued a relationship or friendship just because they liked the person’s dog.
- 24% of pet parents take more pictures with their dog than friends, family or their significant other.
- The majority (69%) of dog people agree that seeing someone is a dog lover would make them more interested in dating them.
- One in three pet parents regularly brings their dog on dates.
To see the complete report…..