FLOMATON, Ala. (WKRG) — A deputy with the Escambia County (AL) Sheriff’s Office was injured after she crashed during a chase that crossed into Florida.
Escambia County Sheriff Heath Jackson tells News 5 the deputy lost control of her Tahoe and crashed into several trees. Aside from some bruising, the deputy is going to be okay, the sheriff said.
The incident began with a traffic stop on Old Fannie Road near Flomaton. The suspect allegedly sped away from a vehicle checkpoint, and deputies gave chase.
The crash happened after the chase crossed the state line near Century, which is where the chase was called off.
There’s no word on the identity of the driver who was fleeing.
- Get Prepared for the Season with the 2020 News 5 Hurricane Resource Guide
- Fire officials in Mobile on scene of possible on Esplanade Ave.
- VIDEO: Massive police presence on Airport at I-65
- Shots fired near Walmart and Lowe’s on Beltline in Mobile
- Second day of protests turn violent in Las Vegas, police arrest 103 people, 11 officers injured