(CBS) — Kane Tanaka has extended her record as the world’s oldest person by celebrating her 117th birthday at a nursing home in Fukuoka in southern Japan on Sunday, Jan. 5.
Tanaka marked her birthday with a party attended by family, staff and friends at the nursing home, television footage from local broadcaster TVQ Kyushu Broadcasting Co. showed.
Tanaka, whose birthday was on Jan. 2, took a bite from a slice of her big birthday cake. “Tasty,” she said with a smile. “I want more.”
Last year, she was confirmed as the oldest living person, aged 116 years 66 days old as of March 9, according to Guinness World Records.
- Actor Sean Connery, the ‘original’ James Bond, dies at 90
- A chilly start to our Halloween!
- Two killed in mobile home fire in Escambia County, FL
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event happening Saturday
- Two shootings overnight in Escambia County, FL