(CBS) — Kane Tanaka has extended her record as the world’s oldest person by celebrating her 117th birthday at a nursing home in Fukuoka in southern Japan on Sunday, Jan. 5.
Tanaka marked her birthday with a party attended by family, staff and friends at the nursing home, television footage from local broadcaster TVQ Kyushu Broadcasting Co. showed.
Tanaka, whose birthday was on Jan. 2, took a bite from a slice of her big birthday cake. “Tasty,” she said with a smile. “I want more.”
Last year, she was confirmed as the oldest living person, aged 116 years 66 days old as of March 9, according to Guinness World Records.
- Will Michael Flowers return to South Alabama?
- Meghan Markle describes suicidal thoughts, anguish about hurtful discussions about son
- Mobile woman tells her story of alleged domestic violence attack, suspect charged with domestic violence in the past
- Meghan and Harry interview with Oprah lays bare royal rift
- 3 Alabama bikers hurt when their bikes crash into each other