ARGENTINA (WJW/ Tribune Media Wire) – A woman was arrested in Argentina after border officers say she had a fake baby bump filled with 9 pounds of pot.
The woman was searched after a man she was traveling with from Chile into Argentina was caught with marijuana in his bag.
¡NARCO EMBARAZO! Fabricó una panza con engrudo, escondió 15 paquetes de marihuana y simulando un embarazo, intentó trasladarla de #Mendoza a #SantaCruz. En un control de @gendarmeria detuvimos a la falsa embarazada y a su cómplice. ¡Así se las ingenió para traficar la droga! pic.twitter.com/6Lw2bAaOch— Patricia Bullrich (@PatoBullrich) November 13, 2019
Argentina’s Minister for Security Patricia Bullrich tweeted photos of the arrest and wrote, ‘She made a belly out of paste, hid 15 cannabis bricks inside it and faked a pregnancy before trying to take it form Mendoza to Santa Cruz.’
Bullrich says the pair was arrested.
- AstraZeneca to seek US approval of COVID vaccine in 2nd half
- Japanese Culture Center of Chicago offers look into Japanese history in city
- CDC reinstates mask policy indoors after surge in delta variant cases
- Disney World to require masks indoors regardless of vaccination status starting Friday
- It’s a keeper: Caeleb Dressel wins Olympic gold on his own