BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The World Health Organization (WHO) wants governments to enforce measures that limit the consumption of alcohol during the coronavirus pandemic.
“At times of lockdown during the COVID-19 pandemic, alcohol consumption can exacerbate health vulnerability, risk-taking behaviours, mental health issues and violence,” the WHO wrote on their website.
Alcohol does not protect the drinker from coronavirus, nor does it make them any better equipped to handle the potential effects of the virus.
- KFOR Chopper 4 crew spots, rescues missing swimmer in an Oklahoma river
- Unemployment falls to 13.3%
- Cross Burning under investigation by Macon County Sheriff’s Office
- Nine firefighters injured after ship explosion in Jacksonville
- Three men charged, connected to shooting death of 11-year-old in Mississippi