READING, England (AP) – British police say they are treating a stabbing rampage in a park that killed three people as a terrorist attack. Dean Haydon, the U.K.’s coordinator of counterterrorism policing, said counterterror detectives were taking over the investigation into the attack in the town of Reading, west of London. Police had earlier said they were keeping an open mind about the motive. Three people were killed and three seriously wounded in stabbings in Reading’s Forbury Gardens park on Saturday evening. A 25-year-old man is in custody. The Press Association news agency reports that the suspect is an asylum-seeker from Libya who was living in Reading.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Florida librarian dies weeks after teens ran her over with vehicle, deputies say
- Baldwin County Superintendant Tyler releases letter to parents on COVID plan
- Shelters prepare for cold weather during COVID-19 pandemic
- MPD: Man injured after person fires shotgun at his vehicle
- Freeze warning in effect tonight and tomorrow