NAKHON RATCHASIMA, Thailand (AP) – Thai officials say a soldier who went on a shooting rampage and killed at least 21 people and injured 42 others has been shot dead inside a mall in northeastern Thailand.
Officials say the soldier angry over a financial dispute first killed two people and then went on a far bloodier rampage Saturday, shooting as he drove to a busy mall where shoppers fled in terror. Video taken outside the mall showed people diving for cover as shots rang out mid-afternoon Saturday. Many were killed outside the mall, some in cars, others while walking.
About 16 hours later, officials held a news conference outside the mall early Sunday to announce the gunman was fatally shot.
The officials did not release any details.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Body of missing 5-year-old boy found in river in California
- JPD officer placed on leave after video of assault surfaces
- Walt Disney World to reopen its Florida theme parks starting July 11
- Pensacola man charged in 2003 cold case murder
- Trump threatens to regulate or close social media after Twitter fact-checks him