SYDNEY (CNN) — Australian firefighters have been working restlessly for months to bring reprieve to communities devastated by the bushfires that have been ravaging the country. And now these heroes are being honored.
The Sydney Opera House has been projecting images of firefighters to thank them for their service.
The opera house tweeted that it wants to “send a message of hope and strength” as well as a thank you to firefighters.
At least 27 people have died nationwide due to the fires. in the state of NSW alone, more than two thousand homes have been destroyed or damaged.
- Police warn of possible threat to Capitol by militia group Thursday
- Adopted twins separated at birth find each other living just 6 blocks apart
- Known to many as a UFO cult – The Raëlians return to the spotlight in new documentary
- Smoked at least 100 cigarettes in your lifetime? Then you can get vaccinated starting March 24 in North Carolina
- Newsfeed Now: Voting rights takes center stage on Capitol Hill; Musician helps NASA put a microphone on Mars