STOCKHOLM (AP) – Marie Fredriksson, the female half of the Swedish pop duo Roxette, has died at age 61. The singer’s management agency said Tuesday that Fredriksson died Monday “of the consequences of a long illness.”
Fredriksson formed Roxette with Per Gessle in 1986. The two went on to achieve international success in the late 1980s and 1990s. Fredriksson had radiation treatment after she was diagnosed with a brain tumor in 2002.
- Tree still cuts through Fairhope home as Zeta approaches
- Barrett confirmed as Supreme Court justice in partisan vote
- Mother, son no longer living in shed post-Sally after help from the community
- Mobile Police investigating robbery and kidnapping at Wells Fargo
- Man arrested for burglary at Burroughs Elementary