STOCKHOLM (AP) – Marie Fredriksson, the female half of the Swedish pop duo Roxette, has died at age 61. The singer’s management agency said Tuesday that Fredriksson died Monday “of the consequences of a long illness.”
Fredriksson formed Roxette with Per Gessle in 1986. The two went on to achieve international success in the late 1980s and 1990s. Fredriksson had radiation treatment after she was diagnosed with a brain tumor in 2002.
- North Mobile County License Commission, Revenue Commission offices to be closed due to power outages
- US economy notches record growth in third quarter but recovery incomplete
- Trump meets with rap star Lil Wayne in Florida
- Netflix raises subscription prices
- No substantial erosion reported yet at Baldwin beaches following Hurricane Zeta