LONDON (AP) — The Duchess of Sussex says her first year of marriage to Britain’s Prince Harry has been hard because of Britain’s tabloids.
The former Meghan Markle tells ITV news that her British friends warned her not to marry the prince “because the British tabloids will destroy your life.”
The former U.S. television star says she “naively” dismissed the warnings, because as an American she didn’t understand how the British press worked.
She says “I didn’t get it so, yeah, it’s been complicated.”
The duchess earlier this month sued the Mail on Sunday tabloid, claiming it illegally published a letter she wrote to her father.
Prince Harry tells ITV says most of what’s printed in the British tabloids is not true, adding “I will not be bullied into playing a game that killed my mum.”
- Cristobal could enhance tides leading to some coastal flooding
- JC Penney closing 154 stores in first post-bankruptcy phase
- Pop-Up storms expected Friday afternoon, Higher weekend rain chances thanks to Cristobal
- Spring Sports Shout Out: Ty Turner
- COVID-19 question of the day: “Why isn’t wearing masks enforced?”