Mobile Ala. (WKRG) — A utility worker heading home after helping to restore power on the Gulf Coast was killed Wednesday in a crash in Mississippi.
The crash happened on Highway 45 in Macon, MS. The utility worker was driving in a convoy of power trucks when he struck an 18-wheeler, according to Assistant Police Chief Douglas Triplett.
Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun confirms to WKRG News 5 the man killed has been identified as 37-year-old, Darrell Holt, from Excelsior Springs, Missouri. WKRG has learned he worked for R&M Pole Line Construction.
Holt’s family has started a fund to raise money for his funeral. If you would like to donate, click here.
- US drop in vaccine demand has some places turning down doses
- Austal founder says Mobile operation will produce half steel, half aluminum ships
- Turtle crashes through windshield, hits passenger in head; both OK
- Man accused of hitting hotel worker in head with horseshoe, microwaving fire extinguisher
- Former NFL star reports for coaching duty at St. Michael Catholic High in Fairhope