DAPHNE, Ala. (WKRG) – Philip Rivers will soon be on the sidelines in Baldwin County coaching high school football, as St. Michael named Rivers their next football coach.
The announcement was made during a press conference at the school on Friday, Rivers will take over coaching duties when his NFL career is over. There is no definitive timeline set.
Paul Knapstein will serve as the interim coach for the 2020 football season.
Rivers signed a one-year, $25 million dollar deal with the Indianapolis Colts this offseason. Rivers had previously played with the San Diego/Los Angeles Chargers.
The eight-time Pro Bowl quarterback is sixth in NFL history in career passing touchdowns and passing yards. Rivers attended Athens High School, where he played for his father Steve Rivers.
- 70% of doctors say COVID misinformation has negatively impacted patients’ health: poll
- White House warns Americans not to go to Russia after journalist detained
- Looking for a used car? Here’s why you should buy now
- Texas judge strikes down ObamaCare’s free preventive services requirement
- Suspect charged in New Orleans comedian Boogie B’s murder extradited back to Louisiana