DAPHNE, Ala. (WKRG) – Philip Rivers will soon be on the sidelines in Baldwin County coaching high school football, as St. Michael named Rivers their next football coach.
The announcement was made during a press conference at the school on Friday, Rivers will take over coaching duties when his NFL career is over. There is no definitive timeline set.
Paul Knapstein will serve as the interim coach for the 2020 football season.
Rivers signed a one-year, $25 million dollar deal with the Indianapolis Colts this offseason. Rivers had previously played with the San Diego/Los Angeles Chargers.
The eight-time Pro Bowl quarterback is sixth in NFL history in career passing touchdowns and passing yards. Rivers attended Athens High School, where he played for his father Steve Rivers.
- Orange Beach Church battered by Sally also lost steeple to Gordon in 2018
- Alabama Power makes progress with only 3,400 customers without power in Mobile
- Foley Pedestrian Bridge blue to honor first responders
- Baldwin EMC reports 46,470 members experiencing power outages due to Hurricane Sally
- President Trump speaks in NC, pledges woman for Supreme Court, pushes Senate to move on pick