MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WKRG) — Montgomery Mayor Steven Reed issued a curfew from 10 pm to 5 am starting Friday. The mayor said residents could be charged with a misdemeanor for violating the curfew. The punishment could range from 180 days in jail to a fine of up to $500. No word on when the curfew will end, but it would most likely last until the threat of the novel coronavirus is over.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- Now is the time to shop with unused gift cards — before it’s too late
- 100-year-old Florida woman appears in ‘Born in Quarantine’ Facebook ad for new moms
- WATCH: Angry masked shoppers shout unmasked people out of grocery store
- Walt Disney World to reopen its Florida theme parks starting July 11
- Trump threatens to regulate or close social media after Twitter fact-checks him