LUBBEEK, Belgium — A 90-year-old woman from Belgium died from coronavirus complications after refusing a ventilator, asking doctors to save it for younger patients, Fox News reports.
Suzanne Hoylaerts was taken to a doctor after she had a loss of appetite and shortness of breath.
Hoylaerts later was hospitalized tested positive for COVID-19.
She reportedly told doctors, “I don’t want to use artificial respiration. Save it for younger patients. I already had a good life.”
Hoylaerts died on March 22, two days after she was admitted to the hospital.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES
- Alabama’s 11 pm alcohol sales curfew expected to end Tuesday after ABC Board vote
- Tiny airborne particles may pose a big coronavirus problem
- Amazon to kick off holiday shopping with October Prime Day
- Bombshell Trump tax revelation could tarnish business mogul image that fueled his rise
- Weather Aware Today; Much Cooler by Tomorrow