MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — No doubt, the coronavirus pandemic has been extremely taxing on local healthcare professionals. The USA Medical Alumni Association has set up a fund to provide nourishing meals for frontline workers at University Hospital and USA Children’s and Women’s Hospital. It’s called USA Health Pandemic Emergency Fund. All of the money collected goes toward purchasing heaty meals and snacks. The meals will go to staff members in the ER, or one unit at a time, depending on cost.
Dr. Romel Ang is an internist with USA Health. She says the meals are much appreciated.
It’s much needed because the staff can’t leave their units or the emergency room, and we appreciate everything the community has done so far,” Dr. Ang said.
Ann Eleece Kouns with USA Medical Alumni Relations is helping coordinate the meals.
“Donations are coming in with a variety of different amounts, from $5 to $500, and I just want everyone to know no matter how much you can allocate, the effects are being felt all across the University of South Alabama Healthcare Community,” Kouns said.
If you would like to donate to the fund for USA’s healthcare heroes, click here.
- Kentucky AG asks for delay in release of Breonna Taylor grand jury recordings
- FDLE: Santa Rosa County man arrested for possession of child pornography
- Oct. 1 deadline approaches for Trump administration to issue ‘refugee ceiling’
- Could cats hold the key to a COVID-19 vaccine?
- Lice infestation linked to girl’s death; parents charged