MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — The Mobile City Council voted 6-1 Wednesday on an ordinance requiring residents to wear a facial covering in city limits.
Residents in attendance expressed concerns on both sides of the debate.
Mayor Sandy Stimpson said in the opening statement that he’d rather see Mobile Police officers issue face masks and enforce social distancing than write citations.
Click here to read the full ordinance.
To watch the full meeting and discussion, watch the video below.
- Santa Rosa County School District lays off 80 teachers
- Cities with the most successful female entrepreneurs
- Second stimulus checks: Why another $1,200 payment could be off the table
- Sturgis Motorcycle Rally: Taking out the trash
- President Trump says UAE to open diplomatic ties with Israel