MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Students at the University of South Alabama begin moving into residence halls today, but move-in week will be unlike any other. Because of Coronavirus concerns, students will be moving into their rooms at pre-scheduled appointment times. Drivers and passengers will also have a temperature screening before unloading belongings.
This year, faculty and staff will not be on campus to help move students in. The new health screening procedures are in place to try and limit the spread of COVID-19.
- UPDATE: ALEA cancels AMBER alert for missing girl from Slocomb
- First public input meeting set for Truck Bridge project
- 10-year-old Pace boy in critical condition after being hit by car on Gulf Boulevard
- House Republicans to vote on Rep. Liz Cheney’s fate in coming week
- NY shooting victim: ‘I just dropped to the ground and was asking for help’