TOKYO (AP) – The U.S. Embassy in Japan says Americans aboard a quarantined ship will be flown back home on a chartered flight Sunday. About 380 Americans are aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship, which has docked at Yokohama, a port city southwest of Tokyo. So far, 285 people from the ship have tested positive for a new virus. The embassy says the aircraft will arrive in Japan late Sunday, and people will be flown to Travis Air Force Base in California, with some passengers continuing to Lackland Air Force Base in Texas. After arriving in the U.S., all will need to go through another two weeks of quarantine.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- See the 71 movies titles coming to Netflix in November
- Navy vet’s ‘sense of activism changed’ since beating by feds
- With Charlie Brown specials gone from TV, here’s how to watch them for free
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal
- Tracking line of strong thunderstorms passing our region this morning