BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) — Jennifer Skellie says doctors in Texas informed her Monday that she does not have the novel coronavirus.
Skellie was on vacation in South Baldwin County for Spring Break the week before last. A Facebook post of hers got quickly misconstrued, leaving our beach communities to think she had contracted the virus.
We tracked her down last week, and she informed us she had not even gotten tested for COVID-19. The video attached to this article is of our initial interview with her.
News 5 has kept in touch with her since. Skellie says she was tested Friday, and got a call from her doctor Monday afternoon, saying the results were negative.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- Super Bowl odds: Chiefs and Packers lead the way
- BIKER DAD REPORT: Macho Man motorcycle mystery and a family backed by bikers while healing after fire
- OCSO: Man accused of tampering with evidence as deputies investigate suspicious death in Niceville
- Former congressman Bradley Byrne returns to private practice
- Newsfeed Now: Impeachment heading to the Senate, dog reunited with owners 12 years later