MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) – The University of South Alabama has created a scholarship in honor of a professor who died from COVID-19 in May.
The Brian Axsmith Memorial Scholarship in Biology will be awarded to students with interests in botany, ecology, environmental science or evolution.
Dr. Brian Axsmith taught at the university for 20 years.
- Pensacola couple adjusting to ‘new reality’ after teacher layoffs in Santa Rosa County
- Back to school: Dept. of Defense outlines plan for military schools to reopen
- Texas band director accused of having child porn, recording students
- Tijuana to spend $30 million on new streetlight system
- Free coronavirus tests an instant hit with border commuters