MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) – The University of South Alabama has created a scholarship in honor of a professor who died from COVID-19 in May.
The Brian Axsmith Memorial Scholarship in Biology will be awarded to students with interests in botany, ecology, environmental science or evolution.
Dr. Brian Axsmith taught at the university for 20 years.
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential debate preparations; FBI announces possible election interference
- Coronavirus vaccine: When will it be ready and will it be safe?
- Third-degree murder charge against Derek Chauvin dismissed in George Floyd death
- Ghislaine Maxwell denied inappropriate action by Jeffrey Epstein in newly released 2016 deposition
- COVID-19 cases surge 30% nationwide: Where does your state stand?