JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – A University of Mississippi Medical Center student has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). According to UMMC, the student is currently in self-isolation at home.
The student recently returned from a spring break trip out of state and began feeling symptoms related to virus. DNA samples taken from the student and tested by the Mississippi Public Health Laboratory were found to be positive for COVID-19.
After returning from the trip out of state, the student has not visited the UMMC campus.
The safety of everyone associated with UMMC – faculty, staff, students, patients, visitors – is our top priority. We continue to make every effort to reduce any exposure or community spread.
- Cooler air sliding into the region, Temps running well below normal
- Woman charged with DUI manslaughter for deadly head-on crash
- Floridians react to the lifting of state coronavirus restrictions
- House holds hearing on Paycheck Protection Program loan forgiveness
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal