(WKRG) — Spirit Airlines on Thursday apologized for a poorly timed email telling people it was a great time to book a flight.
“Never A Better Time To Fly,” the email to customers said, CBS News reported.
The email went on to say, “The perfect time to treat yourself? Right this minute.”
The budget airline based in Florida, where more than two dozen COVID-19 cases have been reported, tweeted an apology, saying the email was written before the outbreak.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS HEADLINES:
- Santa Rosa, Okaloosa counties release back-to-school COVID-19 safety plans
- Radio host Phil Valentine now on ventilator amid COVID-19 battle
- Pfizer says booster shot can help protect against delta variant
- Mississippi State Medical Association calls for COVID-19 vaccination requirements for healthcare workers
- Alabama education leaders leaving mask mandates up to local school boards