(WKRG) — Spirit Airlines on Thursday apologized for a poorly timed email telling people it was a great time to book a flight.
“Never A Better Time To Fly,” the email to customers said, CBS News reported.
The email went on to say, “The perfect time to treat yourself? Right this minute.”
The budget airline based in Florida, where more than two dozen COVID-19 cases have been reported, tweeted an apology, saying the email was written before the outbreak.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS HEADLINES:
- USA Health reports COVID-19 testing up 20 percent since Thanksgiving
- Comedian documenting fight against COVID-19 dies after 2nd Instagram video
- Small businesses banking on shoppers this holiday season more than ever
- See where you lineup for COVID-19 vaccine when it’s available, thanks to NYT tool
- Daphne tree lighting takes place Thursday on heels of other event cancellations