(WKRG) — Spirit Airlines on Thursday apologized for a poorly timed email telling people it was a great time to book a flight.
“Never A Better Time To Fly,” the email to customers said, CBS News reported.
The email went on to say, “The perfect time to treat yourself? Right this minute.”
The budget airline based in Florida, where more than two dozen COVID-19 cases have been reported, tweeted an apology, saying the email was written before the outbreak.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS HEADLINES:
- White House fears resurgence of pandemic after protests
- Floridians stocking up on guns, ammunition during pandemic, civil unrest
- 1.9 million seek jobless aid even as reopenings slow layoffs
- Mobile less impacted by COVID-19 unemployment than nearby cities
- Doctor, restaurant owner says it’s ‘highly unlikely’ you’ll get COVID from restaurant food