DAPHNE, Ala. (WKRG) — If you haven’t run errands in a week – your next shopping trip may look much different.
Essential retailers that are allowed to stay open are experiencing a new normal. We took a look at a few locations on the Eastern Shore that are ramping up safety measures.
At the Daphne Walmart, employees are stationed outside making sure no one walks in through the “Exit” door. There is also a line with cones set up outside. If it gets too full inside, shoppers will have to wait to get in. There are signs around the cones telling everyone to stand 6 feet apart.
The Lowe’s in Malbis is doing something we haven’t really seen yet. Clear barriers are set up at the registers to separate employees from customers.
The Daphne Dollar General on Highway 98 has X’s on the ground 6 feet apart in the checkout line, so shoppers don’t get too close.
- NW Florida Johnson & Johnson vaccine clinics switch to Moderna this week
- Johnson & Johnson vaccine impacts felt by Gulf Coast recipients, family says
- Coach O says LSU NEEDS this Spring Game
- “She’s irreplaceable,” Principal of St. Mary’s Catholic school remembers Pre-school teacher who died following house fire
- Amended gambling bill passes Alabama Senate, heads to House