MOBILE COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) — People 75 years of age and older are now eligible to get the COVID-19 vaccine in Alabama.
To make finding vaccine distribution sites easier, the Alabama Department of Public Health has released a map with locations, other than hospitals, selected to get the doses of the vaccine.
“Everybody wants it, everybody is calling. The response has been great,” said Joshunda Carson, a family nurse practitioner with Mainstreet Family Care.
Many locations listed on the map say they are swamped getting calls from people wanting to get vaccinated.
“It fills up very very fast,” said Carson.
The ADPH says the demand for the vaccine is exceeding the supply. The map lists all of the sites for the entire state of Alabama that have a supply, ADPH says the supply is limited.
In Mobile County, there are six sites that have a supply of the COVID-19 vaccine. One, being Mainstreet Family Care on Grelot Road in Mobile.
They have been giving out the vaccine to eligible patients since December.
“We open our portals Monday-Friday at 6 a.m., and on weekends at 7 a.m. By the time we open up by 6:05 – we’re out,” said Carson.
Another location is at Three Notch Pharmacy in Tillman’s Corner. They say they were given 500 doses of the vaccine, and are giving out only 10 doses a day right now. Their first day giving out the vaccine was Monday, and all 10 were administered to patients. They also say they plan to give out more vaccine doses a day as the response has been great.
All locations in Mobile County:
- Semmes Pharmacy: 4154 Wulff Rd East Suite E, Semmes (251) 645-7979
- FOPHC – Women’s Health: 251 N. Bayou St., Mobile (251) 690-7512
- MainStreet Family Care: 6280 Grelot Rd., Mobile (205) 545-5083
- Three Notch Pharmacy: 4880 Lakeland Dr. Suite F, Mobile (251) 661-0066
- New Grand Bay Pharmacy: 12475 US Highway 90, Grand Bay (251) 865-5555
- Bayou Pharmacy: 12855 Padgett Switch Rd., Irvington (251) 824-7979