DALLAS (NEXSTAR) — People most vulnerable to COVID-19 are turning to social media to share their stories and spread awareness.
The hashtag #HighRiskCovid19 has been trending throughout the weekend with the most popular posts being from people sharing their health struggles and how COVID-19 could impact their lives. Many of the posts are from young people with rare health conditions.
Other users on social media are spreading a similar message using the hashtag #StayTheFHome. While many of the posts are from those with underlying health conditions, other popular posts show large gatherings and encourage others to make responsible decisions.
- Woman says fiancé killed while shielding her in drive-by shooting
- Tiger, drug gang paraphernalia found in southern Mexico
- ECSO: Pensacola correctional officer tries to zip tie, kidnap woman he met on Tinder
- Special education returns to classrooms in Mobile, district begins welcoming students back in phases
- IHOP introduces happy hour, with a twist