PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — Pensacola Mayor Grover Robinson has donated his salary to taking café of Pensacola sanitation and energy bills.
Robinson is still urging people to social distance and refrain from gathering in groups of more than ten. As of now, county facilities are closed to help mitigate the spread of the virus. Restaurants are take out and delivery only within the county.
Mayor Robinson says he decided to suspend his salary because he understands the financial burden that a lot of people are under.
Watch the full press conference below:
- Santa Rosa deputies searching for missing, endangered man
- Growing number of GOP senators oppose impeachment trial
- Auction of estate of Southern author, journalist Julia Reed
- Deputies: Missing Florida man killed by man from dating app date
- Investigation underway after man died hours after getting COVID-19 vaccine