The milestone was reached Thursday night. The United States accounts for over 153,000 of those recoveries. The next two countries with the highest number of recoveries are Germany (over 126,000) and Spain (over 112,000).
Over 3 million people have been infected with the coronavirus worldwide, and over 230,000 people have died. That means more than four times as many people have recovered from the coronavirus than have died.
There are currently around 2 million active coronavirus cases. The U.S. accounts for over 1,070,000 of those.
- JPD officer placed on leave after video of assault surfaces
- Walt Disney World to reopen its Florida theme parks starting July 11
- Pensacola man charged in 2003 cold case murder
- Trump threatens to regulate or close social media after Twitter fact-checks him
- CDC report finds over 60,000 healthcare workers have COVID-19