The milestone was reached Thursday night. The United States accounts for over 153,000 of those recoveries. The next two countries with the highest number of recoveries are Germany (over 126,000) and Spain (over 112,000).
Over 3 million people have been infected with the coronavirus worldwide, and over 230,000 people have died. That means more than four times as many people have recovered from the coronavirus than have died.
There are currently around 2 million active coronavirus cases. The U.S. accounts for over 1,070,000 of those.
- Smiles Behind the Shield: Joshua Gibbs to the rescue during Hurricane Zeta
- Santa says 2020 Pensacola Winterfest will bring Christmas joy this year
- Eagle Scout project gives back to Mobile County first responders serving on the front lines amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Why do we eat this? Origin stories behind 3 notorious Thanksgiving sides
- JCSD: Ocean Springs teen charged as adult in weekend shooting