MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — You’ll have to wait awhile longer to visit a historic Mobile landmark. The planned reopening of Oakleigh Mansion set for this weekend has been delayed. The announcement was made last week by members of the Historic Mobile Preservation Society.
“We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but the safety of our staff and guest must remain our top concern,” said an email from the preservation society. The original plan was to reopen this weekend with limited tours, group sizes, and hours. A date for reopening has not been set.
- Police search for missing Dothan man who could be in danger
- Mississippi lawmakers return to the Capitol to discuss the state’s budget
- Sources: Big Ten, other top conferences meeting to decide fate of 2020 college football season
- Grove Hill Police investigate shooting Sunday night
- New York sheriff told: Rachel Ray’s house on fire