(CNN) — The CEO of Netflix has donated $30 million toward the research for a coronavirus vaccine. According to Variety, Reed Hastings and his wife, Patty Quillin, gave the money to Gavi the Vaccine Alliance, a nonprofit immunization organization founded by the Bill Gates Foundation.
The funds will reportedly be spent on speeding up the COVID-19 vaccine development and help with distributing once it is available.
Gavi’s goal is to raise $7.4 billion for the cause.
The nonprofit wants to immunize 300 million children over the next five years.
- Kansas City Chiefs QB Mahomes out for rest of game with concussion
- Biden team preps for inauguration while lawmakers look ahead to impeachment trial of President Trump
- Tennessee law firm giving away a free divorce for Valentine’s Day
- Tennessee bartenders receive $5,000 tip from generous customer
- Black Lives Matter March and Rally planned for MLK Day