MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Staff members at both Murphy and Daphne have agreed to reschedule the JV and Varsity volleyball games that were supposed to take place Tuesday night.
A spokesperson for Mobile County Public Schools said someone told a Murphy staff member that a Daphne coach had tested positive for COVID-19, but it was someone who was not present at Murphy’s gym Tuesday.
A spokesperson for Baldwin County Public Schools said they’re not allowed to disclose COVID-19 statuses of individuals, but they tell WKRG News 5 no one on the team was exhibiting symptoms – and one member of the coaching staff was not present. The spokesperson said that member of the coaching staff had not been around the athletes or other staff members in several days.
Officials with Murphy and Daphne discussed the situation, and decided to reschedule the game for a later date.
- Mobile ranks high for focus on single family homes
- Tree crushes man’s two cars in Semmes
- Reese’s launches big cups with pretzels because ‘we’re all feeling a little bit salty’ in 2020
- FBI seeks more potential victims in ‘Cheer’ star Jerry Harris child porn case
- Ferry service proposed as alternative to congested Garcon Point Bridge