MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG)– More people in Alabama filed for unemployment between May 17 and May 23 than the week prior.
27,920 new claims were filed with The Alabama Department of Labor (ADOL). 16,926 of those claims are COVID-19 related.
- Administrative and Support Services (2,718)
- Transportation Equipment Manufacturing (2,631)
- Food Service and Drinking Places (2,125)
- Education Services (888)
- General Merchandise Stores (700)
Mobile County had 3,167 new claims. Baldwin County had 755.
Jefferson County had largest number of claims with 4,221.
- Photo sent just before Naya Rivera’s disappearance at Lake Piru may help find her, official says
- Fire erupts at Lake Tuscaloosa, marine patrol boat sinks while towing ski boat
- Amber Alert issued for 5-year-old girl from Madison County, Florida
- Johnny Depp wraps up testimony in libel case involving ex-wife
- Washington to shed ‘Redskins’ name Monday, reports say