ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — The local death toll from COVID-19 grew Friday morning as the Florida Department of Health released updated numbers.
Here’s the breakdown of coronavirus-related deaths in the three Florida counties in the News 5 viewing area:
Escambia County – 12 deaths
Santa Rosa County – 8 deaths
Okaloosa County – 4 deaths
As of 10:30 a.m. Friday, 34,728 total cases and 1,314 deaths have been reported across Florida.
- U.S. House passes bill that would prohibit public contact with big cats, like tigers
- More than 25 people rescued from human smuggling operation in Texas
- USA Health reports COVID-19 testing up 20 percent since Thanksgiving
- Comedian documenting fight against COVID-19 dies after 2nd Instagram video
- Small businesses banking on shoppers this holiday season more than ever