MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Mobile Mayor Sandy Stimpson addressed concerns over coronavirus during a media availability on Thursday. As of Thursday evening, there are still no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Alabama, according to the Alabama Department of Public Health.
Stimpson says he and his administration are in constant contact with health officials are being careful not to overreact. For now, the city is not canceling anything. Stimpson says he will continue to monitor and assess the situation.
You can watch Stimpson’s full statement in the video above.
- COVID-19 question of the day: “Can using vaseline prevent coronavirus?”
- Big Kahuna’s in Destin set to reopen Thursday
- Gilead says drug helped moderately ill coronavirus patients
- Fishermen catch 220 pounds of tuna, donate it to health care workers
- Nearly 26,000 nursing home COVID-19 deaths reported to feds