MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Concerns over crowds and the Coronavirus are forcing more veterans organizations to keep their events small and virtual. According to an event post from the South Alabama Veterans Council:
“Per current VA guidance, any gathering at a National Cemetery is limited to 10 persons due to COVID19. Therefore, we will be unable to conduct our normal Memorial Day Ceremony.
However, we are planning a truncated ceremony to still honor and remember our passed away heroes. We also hope to live stream and record it for those who wish to join us remotely. Due to personnel limitations, we will sadly dispense with a color guard and rifle squad.”
- Number of laid-off workers seeking jobless aid stuck at 1.3M
- US executes 2nd man in a week; lawyers said he had dementia
- Trump replaces campaign manager amid sliding poll numbers
- More snake sightings being reported across central Alabama
- ‘Magic School Bus’ author Joanna Cole dies at age 75