(CNN) — Healthcare workers are risking their lives to care for patients infected with the novel coronavirus. So, a man in Detroit wanted to do something nice for them. Allen Marshall had been saving up for something he wanted for himself.
Instead, he decided to buy gas for nurses on Wednesday and Thursday “I just love them, and I want them to know that,” said Marshall.
Michigan has one of the worst outbreaks of COVID-19 in the country.
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
- WATCH: Locals thank out-of-town power crews for help with Hurricane Sally
- Park officials: Goal is to reopen shortened Gulf State Pier until it can be completely fixed
- Tijuana police clear out criminal element who prey on border commuters
- Mobile man says American Cancer Society helping fund his cancer treatment