J. Crew plans to stay in business, though. Through Chapter 11 bankruptcy, the company seeks to convert roughly $1.65 billion in funded debt into equity.
According to the company’s statement, J. Crew has secured commitments for $400 million in new money debtor-in-possession financing from existing lenders.
Madewell will continue to be part of J. Crew Group, Inc.
- WATCH SOON: Gov. Ivey to speak about state of emergency ahead of Hurricane Zeta
- RIP Mexican Pizza: Popular Taco Bell dish starts disappearing from menus
- NAS Pensacola moves to Condition of Readiness 1
- Watch Live: Twitter, Facebook, Google CEOs testify on social media protections amid censorship claims
- Newsfeed Now: President Trump heads to Arizona, Biden works virtually from Delaware