PARIS (AP) – France’s health minister has announced the first coronavirus death in Europe. Minister Agnes Buzyn says Saturday that “I was informed last night of the death of an 80-year-old patient who had been hospitalized … since Jan. 25.” The patient, a Chinese tourist from the province of Hubei, had a lung infection caused by the COVID-19 virus. He arrived in France on Jan. 16, then was hospitalized on Jan. 25 under strict isolation measures. His daughter was also hospitalized but authorities say she is expected to recover. The virus has infected more than 67,000 people globally and has killed at least 1,526 people, the vast majority in China.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- BIKER DAD: FHP says biker was killed by red light runner in BMW
- Michigan teen who bathed in Wendy’s sink tells story
- Joy of Life, Floral Parade, Knights of Mobile 2020 parades
- Woman believes cold case suspect abducted her in 1989
- 2 people arrested and charged in connection with the disappearance of 15-month-old from Tennessee