FOLEY, Ala. (WKRG) – Starting Tuesday the City of Foley will stop collecting recycling from residents.
“Recycling is collected manually, which makes it a source of disease transmission. Garbage will be picked up as usual, as the process is automated,” read a Facebook post on the city’s page.
Officials remind residents that garbage can’t be picked up if it’s placed in recycling containers.
They say this is a safety measure put into place to keep employees healthy.
- President Trump, Sessions engage in heated Twitter war
- Biloxi police arrest man wanted for second-degree murder
- Spring Sport Shout Out: Josiah Harry
- The Latest in Sen. Jeff Sessions, Tommy Tuberville US Senate race
- Perdido Vineyards the first winery to open in Alabama since prohibition