TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WKRG) — The Florida House of Representatives has been evacuated over concerns about the coronavirus, according to a Twitter post by State Representative Shevrin Jones. The post says the members have been asked to leave the chambers so they can be cleaned. The post says members were possibly exposed at a conference.
The post does not say if it’s the same CPAC conference attended by U.S. Representative Matt Gaetz who represents parts of Northwest Florida. Gaetz announced Monday that he was self-quarantining after being exposed at the conference.
- Bikers adjusting plans after Atlantic Beach BikeFest cancelled for second straight year
- Newsfeed Now: Security tight at Capitol over ‘breach’ concerns; SC considers bringing back electric chair
- OCSO: Heroin dealer charged with homicide in overdose death
- Senate to debate virus relief amid tightened Capitol security
- ‘I-5 Strangler’ found strangled to death in California prison cell