JACKSON, Miss. (WKRG) — George County Mississippi reports its first case of the Coronavirus. The numbers from the Mississippi Department of health, as of Sunday morning, were last updated Friday evening. That showed George County reporting its first case of the illness.
As of that Friday count, Mississippi reported 140 cases and one death. That count is expected to grow as more testing kits and sites become available in the coming week.
- Get Prepared for the Season with the 2020 News 5 Hurricane Resource Guide
- Fire officials in Mobile on scene of possible on Esplanade Ave.
- VIDEO: Massive police presence on Airport at I-65
- Shots fired near Walmart and Lowe’s on Beltline in Mobile
- Second day of protests turn violent in Las Vegas, police arrest 103 people, 11 officers injured