BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Erie County Sheriff’s Office is warning people about a malicious website that’s posing as a legitimate coronavirus tracker.
That website is Corona-Virus-Map.com, and authorities say it puts malware in peoples’ computers.
“Criminals stop at nothing to steal your info,” the Sheriff’s Office says.
The Sheriff’s Office says the legitimate site to trust is coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html.
- Japanese Culture Center of Chicago offers look into Japanese history in city
- CDC reinstates mask policy indoors after surge in delta variant cases
- Disney World to require masks indoors regardless of vaccination status starting Friday
- It’s a keeper: Caeleb Dressel wins Olympic gold on his own
- Photographer rises to occasion at spectator-less Olympics in Tokyo