FAIRHOPE, Ala. (WKRG) – Fairhope Mayor Karin Wilson has asked Governor Kay Ivey to issue a statewide shelter in place order due to the potential spread of COVID-19.
Mayor Wilson says she emailed the governor on Thursday afternoon.
“Relying on each city to make its own decision will not effectively flatten the curve,” she wrote in a Facebook post.
So far no plans have been announced to order Alabama residents to stay home.
- Hurricane Sally victims thank utility workers with the “Electric Slide”
- Pensacola Humane Society to host pet food giveaway
- GALLERY: Spotlight on Saints for Sunday Night Football
- Bikers raise money for grieving family
- Police: fight over parking spaces leads to 1 dead, 2 injured in NE Birmingham