CHICAGO (WGN) — A face mask placed on one of the lions at the Art Institute of Chicago on Thursday morning has been stolen.
The mask was stolen just before 11 p.m. A security officer at the museum said two men, ages not specified, got out of a black Chevy sedan and climbed the statue.
The men cut the mask off the lion and then sped off in the sedan. No one is in custody.
According to the Chicago Tribune, the museum plans to replace the symbolic face protection immediately.
- List: Cyber Monday 2020 gift card freebies
- Man caught on camera pistol whipping someone turns himself into police
- Second stimulus checks: New bipartisan effort to pass COVID relief
- Sheriff to announce new information in “Baby Jane Doe” death case nearly 4 decades old
- Single home total loss after fire in Elberta